If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
A fresh probiotic rich substitute for tuna fish sandwiches made from an ingredient combination you have to taste to appreciate. This ‘tuna’ fish is made with sauerkraut, sunflower seeds, cashews, seaweed, and all the regular tuna fish fixings. The faint vinegar taste of sauerkraut is the perfect addition along with the seaweed that adds a fishy flavor!
Sauerkraut, Sunflower Seed, and Cashew ‘Tuna’ Fish [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon scallions
- 1 teaspoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon nori
- 1/2 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Blend the cashews and sunflower seeds until fine. A small food processor, single serve blender or spice/coffee grinder is best for this small job.
- Add in the sauerkraut and pulse blend until it looks like chunky tuna. You can add the mayo in with the sauerkraut if it doesn’t blend well.
- Hand mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve in between two pieces of bread.
Per Serving: Calories: 187 | Carbs: 10 g | Fat: 15 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 502 mg | Sugar: 1 g
Calculation does not include salt added to taste.
EXPLORE MORE RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS: